Call for Panels
Click here to download the call for panels (PDF format)
Proposals that focus on requirements engineering controversies are encouraged, especially those that highlight the gulf between requirements research and practice. Preference will be given to panels that consist of members who have a significant presence in the field and present a diversity of views on the topic chosen.
Remember that panels can be fun and thought-provoking, but too often are boring or degenerate to a non-reviewed papers session. We will pay close attention to panel proposals that seem likely to fall into the first category.
A panel proposal consists of the following:
- The title of the panel.
- The name and a short CV of the panel chair.
- The names of the panelists, including URLs of their personal web pages.
- Prior to submitting a proposal, you must contact the proposed panelists and receive their agreement for attending RE'12 and participating in your panel. An outline of the organization of your panel and the topics to be discussed. You must also argue why your panel will be thought-provoking and fun for the audience.
Submissions must be made electronically through the RE'12 submission site. The submission deadline is April 2, 2012. If you have questions concerning panels, you may contact the program chair, Pete Sawyer (email@example.com).
- Panel Proposals: April 2, 2012
- Notification: April 30, 2012